I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ultimate Kim Chi Round Two:The Awakening







This time, I surprised myself.
The kim chi tastes FANTASTIC and I loaded it with more nutrients than I've seen in any dish.

The directions can be seen in the earlier post - basically take your vegetables of choice and knead in salt until tasting the veggies has some zing.

This took me roughly two hours to make eight jars and boy did I get time's worth.

my original recipe live-raw-kim-chi-sprout-action
new ingredients:
  • chinese cabbage
  • flax seed
  • radishes
  • sesame seed
  • olive oil
  • ginger
  • turmeric
  • cayenne
  • garlic
  • onions
  • cucumber
  • carrots
  • apples
  • shallots
  • lemon
  • lots of sea salt
I prepared a wash of sea salt and water to clean the cabbage. And let the water drain, otherwise the recipe requires no water.
I'm not going to tell you the proportions for two reasons: I'm not sure of them. I think that this preparation allows great magic and nuance that one might lose by simply following directions.
The amount of salt seems to me the most important ingredient to get right. I added it bit by bit. Sprinkling it, and massaging it through the cabbage and vegetables. Like I said, this took 2 hours. A true labor of love, by the end of it I felt a lot of power running through the pot. And now 6 days later opening the 8th jar I can taste the Life inside.


Just a small list of nutritional benefits...
The combination I made contains an incredible amount of nutrients. In fact, once you allow the magic to happen, the kim chi will produce for you that elusive essential vitamin - B12!
The flax seeds contain omega 3 fats and a fair amount of calcium.
Sesame seeds contain omega 6 fats and a calcium bonanza of 350 milligrams per 36 gram serving. Sesame seeds can also have a chelating effect helping detoxify the body.
The cayenne contains extraordinary amounts of vitamin C and has an alkaline effect strong enough to be used to clear up heart dis-ease of angina.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory qualities and has been shown to be effective in preventing cancer and can be seen sold both in the spice and pill aisles.
And of course the live enzymes of this live food aid in digestion

The batch I made came out quite spicy so I mixed it with some organic sauerkraut. Delicious. Also great with celery or apples and avocados.

No comments:

Google Search !