I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Foraging Abundance. Frugal Purchases

Shalom!
One the only items sold here that's organic is Cottage Cheese. Which I love eating a lot of. I'm not sure how good or bad it is for me but it tastes really really good. I'm trying to eat only organic so I'm going to do a lot of foraging! Fortunately my grandparents generation was wise enough to plant trees so I've got plenty to eat!
Here's what I've found so far:

  • Pomegranates
  • Carobs
  • Purslane (omega 3 - highest plant source, calcium)
  • Lemons
  • Figs
  • Cactus Pads (Nopales) (vitamin c calcium)
  • Cactus Fruit
  • Mangos
  • Ku'Baizeh
  • Rosemary
  • Mint
  • Lemongrass
  • Almonds
  • Pine Nuts (Pignolias)
  • Chard

Olives and Guavas will be in season soon!

I expect to find much much more. Did some research on wild edibles in Israel and came up with a lot!

Expect to find Arugula soon. Greens Greens Greens!

I have some purchased Organics
  • Flax Seeds
  • Mung Beans
  • Azuki Beans
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Wheat Grains
  • DULSE FLAKES
I've been sprouting the Beans. Pretty filling.

As I said in the previous post Purslane's pretty amazing. I think I could live off mostly just eating it for a while. It's just somewhat boring to eat! Maybe you have some suggestions from what I've listed or could probably find.

It's interesting to me how much pleasure/energy I get from eating great food. I ate some in-organic food the past few days and I definitely felt something wrong with them. I vomitted multiple times and it wasn't like vomiting where I had to put in some muscular effort.

It was like my body is saying "nope, don't need these! Bye Bye!"

I'm chewing some raw wheat grains right now. Starts out pretty hard and not that tasty, but as I chew it gets sweeter and sweeter. Really delicious now.

I've been reading information from Mike Adams "The Health Ranger", really inspiring stuff!
I'll link you to an interview he has with Dr. BATMANghelidj or you could write it Dr. bATMANghelIdj, either way amazing stuff from an MD with a lot more knowledge than me!

http://www.naturalnews.com/Report_water_cure_0.html


What are you finding growing wild in your area?

Is lawn grass edible?


UPDATE:

Found Blackberries, Corn, Grapes, "Domim" - like mini sweet apples that taste like caremelized onions, mustard, "cheese-bread" listed as Ku'Baizeh, wheat grass, fennel, thistle!

Oh and GRAPES!

No comments:

Google Search !