I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Free Raw Food Forager 2: Thistle

I found more Free Raw Organic Food!

There are different species of Thistle. They look somewhat similar so You should be able to identify.

Thistle tastes like a nice Salad green. If the spikes are too hard you can steam them and it will soften them.

Royal Thistle contains a compound called silymarin which has been studied and shown to be effective against hangovers

"Silibinin (INN), also known as silybin, is the major active constituent of silymarin, the mixture of flavonolignans extracted from blessed milk thistle (Silybum marianum). It is used in the treatment and prevention of liver diseases because of its hepatoprotective (antihepatotoxic) properties. Clinical tests have also shown its ability to protect against certain types of cancer (skin and prostate), probably due to its antioxidant properties"

"In herbalism, it is used in cases of liver diseases (cirrhosis, jaundice and hepatitis), gallbladder disease, and is claimed to protect the liver against poisons."


From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_thistle

  • I AM WORKING ON BECOMING MORE SENSITIVE TO MY ENERGY AND HOW SUBSTANCES AFFECT IT.

How thankful I am to have found these! I'm really enjoying this. It feels right. Having the opportunity to go outside and find sustenance simply growing without a farmer reminds me of the place we can occupy as animals on this planet.

I'm also feeling healthier and more appreciative of foods and nutrients;

Seeing that food gathering takes time and not simply handing over someone plastic or paper, helps me make sure I get full value.
I found delicious grapes right off the vine and put my love and respect into something that has now become part of me.

Having a deep connection to food expands my sense of self. More on this in the next post...

No comments:

Google Search !