I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Prickly Aloe Passion

Thanks to my open eyes (three of them) and Mike Adams, I harvested some aloe vera for a super combo this morning

Prickly Pears
Passion Fruit
Aloe Vera

If you live in California or Southwest USA or Mexico you've probably got cactus fruit nearby and aloe. Keep your eyes open! It's amazing what I find nearby when I open my eyes to see!

I suggest getting plenty of prickly pears (cactus fruit) and peeling them by putting them in water and scrubbing them with hard bristled brush. Then make three cuts - chop off both ends and then vertical so that you can open the fruit out nicely.

For Aloe Vera I recommend Mike Adam's Article; it contains a host of information as to how awesome the power of aloe is - it contains 200 phytonutrients! That's a big number oh boy!
He also has a photo guide for slicing the aloe open. It's pretty intuitive though.

"Of all the herbs I've ever studied -- and I've written thousands of articles on nutrition and disease prevention -- aloe vera is the most impressive herb of them all." - Mike Adams

As for passion fruit... you gotta be as lucky as me or luckier to have access to so many. If you don't have passion fruit lemon or something a little sour would work. The cactus fruit are sweeter as watermelon. Super tasty




Now I did not make a smoothie because I didn't feel like blending aloe with prickly pears and passion fruit.

Aloe is not super tasty it's super gooey water and slightly bitter.
However, I am not looking for things to taste like "Natural Flavors"

I am looking to discover what real foods truly taste like and how they interact, digest, assimilate, with my energy. In order to do this I feel that eating foods separately and mindfully (actually mindful and bodyful combined so let's change that to...)

I intend to realize the "material spirit" of food.

Make sense?

How would you _____ your practice?

Google Search !