I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Meditation Technique

From the infinite well of online wealth:


Today I'm going to share one of my favorite meditation techniques. It isn't the only one, by any means, but it's the one I use when I need to quickly enter into an alpha state (for which you can train yourself into a shortcut…we'll go into that later) and I also use this before I go to sleep to program what I want to work on while I sleep (more on that later, also).

I call this Countdown into Alpha.

You'll be visualizing the colors of the chakras…red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. If it helps, you can also visualize the location of the chakras if you're familiar with them. If not, don't worry about that for now. It's enough to see the colors.

First, get into a comfortable sitting position with your spine straight. You can also lie down, but if you're tired, you may fall asleep.

Close your eyes. Start by taking a slow, deep breath through the nose. Exhale slowly through the mouth. Breathe like this three times but on the third time, hold the breath before exhaling. Now return to normal breath.

Relax every part of your body, beginning at the feet, moving up through the legs, through the tummy and back, through the shoulders, your arms, your hands. Relax your neck and your jaw. Relax your eyes.

When you inhale, visualize the color red. Keep visualizing a vibrant red as you breathe, feeling it pulsating all around you. Hold onto the color red for as many breaths as you like until you see the color become orange. Keep visualizing orange as you breathe until it becomes yellow. Pulsating, vibrant yellow changes to green. Feel the green surrounding you as you breathe. Breathe in the green. Notice the green changing to blue. Lovely, light blue, blue as turquoise. The blue dances around you as it changes into indigo. Indigo as the midnight sky. Feel the indigo shift and pulse as it becomes violet. Languish in the violet for a few moments.

Now, slowly count backward from ten. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. You're now in your alpha state. Enjoy it. You're fully awake and aware of your surroundings, but relaxed.

While you're in alpha is a good time to work on things. Go into alpha whenever you're looking for a solution to a problem. Ask questions, and listen for the answer while your mind is quiet. If you do the Countdown into Alpha meditation before you go to sleep, you can tell yourself to reveal answers during your dreaming state, you can tell yourself you'll remember them, as well as tell yourself you will wake up refreshed and energetic. You can work on healing yourself and others while in alpha. You can work on manifestation.

To come out of alpha, simply count up from one to ten and slowly open your eyes. I usually say a short, sweet prayer of gratitude before opening my eyes.

Once you've become accustomed to how it feels to be in alpha, you can train yourself to instantly experience alpha in a pinch. I don't like to use it as a substitute, but when I need to say, manifest a parking spot, I can do it :-) You can too:

After you've gone into alpha by relaxing and counting down, you can create some sort of gesture to quickly take you into alpha without having to devote time for visualizing and counting down. For example, pull on your earlobe, touch the tips of your fingers with your thumbs, or whatever you can come up with. Any simple gesture will do, so long as it's discreet. I'm sure you don't want to do some elaborate gesturing ritual while standing in line at the grocery store.

Try it. I'm sure you'll come up with your own visualizing techniques for the colors eventually. Please let me know how you do or what's worked better for you.

1 comment:

susan said...

i m going to have a go at this lovely sounding chakra meditation when i move on sunday...i do alternative nostril breathing which really works for me..i just need to think about doing it and i go into a nice calm state...i also practise pranayama for another 10 mins after my yoga asanas and this is truly wonderful...i ask my self what would i do without my breathing exercises...
as for getting in touch with my higher self i find 1st thing in the morning when i just open my eyes and still feel half asleep/awake is a great time to ask myself the answers to questions n problems and very often know what to do about them...is nt the answer within us all if we know how to connect to that part that just knows ...(:
enjoy the colours of the universe and thanks 4 sharing that (:

Google Search !