I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How to Graft!




Had an amazing time with James. He lives at Orcas Island a veritable Fruit Forest in Washington State. I hope to visit someday and share in the bounty of apricots, peaches, nectarines, melons, plums of many varieties and of course the community feel. I miss being in a place where my actions are more intrinsically motivated and more obviously helpful to others. Siiiigh. Anyhow, I am excited about grafting and showing you the whole process in a ten minute video! We did not use the Fiskars Folding Saw but I think it should be fine, I don't know what type James used.

Turning a local ornamental plum tree into a tree that produces almonds, peaches, nectarines, and apricots sounds so awesome it is ridiculous. Please do it and share your results!

Google Search !