I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fitness Blog Post Journal: Barefoot Running, Peaches, Raisins, and More

This morning I awoke at 7 am without the use of an alarm. Well actually half the use of an alarm; I set an alarm for 7:30 and set an intention to wake up earlier on my own - that intention setting has consistently worked for me. I highly recommend trying it. Just tell yourself to wake up before your alarm and be specific if you wish and see how much nicer it is to do.

I woke up barely able to open my eyes. I had eaten a pound of raisins real late at night and perhaps under-drank so I was dehydrated a bit. After chugging the water down my eyes opened up nicely. I wasn't sure if I was going to go but my dreams foretold a nice run near many people and waterfalls. There were no waterfalls but the park I went to, Edgewood, was marvelous. I will tell more later. I ran barefoot behind two amazing ladies who are marathon runners are in their sixties and seventies. One is an anthropologist and the other a gerontologist. Quite an interesting mix now that I think of it.

We saw a beautiful pair of deer and the trail was gorgeous so many trees I really felt transported to a different place. It is amazing how different one feels surrounded by trees and seeing mountains just covered in them. I, however, spent most of the run looking out for rocks! It was a six mile run and I am feeling okay now with shoes on ;) No blisters so far and I am happy.

I tore off my shirt at one point to make some kind of protection from rocks (at around mile 5). It worked like a beautiful soft charm for a bit, but then they came off due to my poor cobbling and I soon was hobbling :) The shirt shoes retained the moisture near my feet and thus softened them (like the pruning effect from long showers/baths) so once they came off it was more painful, but by then I was near the finish of the trail.

Came back home and shared some amazing Kashiwase peaches and nectarines.

Google Search !