I Am Sponsoring My Blog Through My Better Eyesight Business

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tasks to get done. and Woops look what happened part 1

So my friend Harley posted on my recent post About Keeping an Empty Inbox and I looked over it again and saw the line about how having a bunch of unfinished tasks can be overwhelming. I have a bunch of unfinished tasks.

I have a lot of research that I want to put together in a more presentable form. I have studied nutrition for five years now and have put together loads of info that have very powerful implications.

I found mistakes in the National Academy of Sciences Recommendations for Daily Allowances. I have compared nutritional profiles of the major constituents of human diets. I have researched protein requirements in depth. Recently I've been on a tear learning about Calcium and Phosphorous and the ideal ratio. Nutritionists and governments are recommending a 1:1 ratio... but how that is possible when they also recommend grains as the foundation of diet is unthinkable given that grains have a 1:10 to a 1:15 ratio and are packing it in too. It would be one thing if 1000 calories of oats had 1 mg of calcium and 40 mgs of phosphorous because that would have a far lesser effect on total Ca:P balance.

The USDA came out with it's new food plate and here's what they recommend for adult men to eat in a day.

This is just one example. I followed their recommendations to the letter in terms of fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, "protein", and oil. No, I did not eat this. This is actually a toned down version; they actually suggested that you could eat 6 cups of cottage cheese per day. See for yourself.

Here they say 3 cups per day http://www.choosemyplate.gov/foodgroups/dairy_amount.aspx 
And here they say 6 cups of cottage cheese = 3 cups of dairy.  http://www.choosemyplate.gov/foodgroups/dairy_counts.html

Let's look at what happens when you replace the 3 cups of nonfat milk with 6 cups of cottage cheese.


No comments:

Google Search !